(Logan, UT—June 28, 2017) Altra’s best-selling Lone Peak trail shoe line launches with significant updates for the 3.5 version, announces a first-ever mesh boot, and is now available in men’s size 16.
The best-selling Altra Lone Peak family now includes four models:
- Lone Peak 3.5 mesh low (significant updates)
- Lone Peak 3.5 Mid mesh (new style)
- Lone Peak NeoShell™ low (waterproof)
- Lone Peak Mid NeoShell™ (new colors, waterproof)
With their lightweight build, FootShape™ toe box and Zero Drop™ cushioning, Altra’s Lone Peak low and mid-cut trail shoes are favored by trail runners and are challenging traditional trail boots for long distance trails and thru-hikers. The new versions will be available in July and August.
Updates on the Lone Peak 3.5 low and mid cut mesh versions include:
- Seamless tongue-to-toe construction to eliminate a seam between tongue and vamp in the upper. The new buttery smooth fit reduces potential blister and hotspot zones.
- Altra’s new 4-point GaiterTrap™, for the most snug-fitting gaiters to protect against trail debris. The GaiterTrap™ points allow attachment at the heel, toe and now on both sides, a first of its kind in trail shoes.
- Drainage holes to release excess water and aid in quick drying.
- New construction featuring stitching lines on the upper to improve breathability, relax the fit, reduce weight and prevent blowouts to make this the best Lone Peak shoe yet.
Lone Peak 3.5 Mid mesh — the popularity of the waterproof NeoShell™ shoe led Altra to create an airy, breathable mesh version for warmer adventures. Altra’s new DuraTread™ outsole is a firmer, long lasting rubber for great grip on both tame and technical terrain.
The Lone Peak 3.5 Mid mesh has a stack height of 25mm, weighs just 12.5 ounces for the men’s sample and 10.7 ounces for the women’s sample. The women’s color is blackout—an all black upper, sole and laces with pink stitching accents. Men’s colors are gray with red accents, blackout, and sandstorm—an all tan upper, sole and laces. The Lone Peak 3.5 Mid mesh will retail for $130.
Lone Peak 3.5 — Altra’s most popular trail shoe is now available in men’s size 16. A new durable mesh upper with stitch line reinforcement and seamless toe-to-tongue transition makes this new Lone Peak more comfortable and durable than ever.
Updated color options include red, black with yellow, navy and black for men. Colors for women are dark pink, purple, blue and black for women. Like all Lone Peak models, the stack height is 25 mm. The men’s shoe weighs 10 ounces and the women’s weighs 8.7 ounces. The Lone Peak 3.5 will be available for $120.
Lone Peak Mid NeoShell™ — Altra won the Apex Award from Polartec® for the innovative and first-ever use of its waterproof NeoShell™ fabric in a shoe. Altra kept its current colors and added an all-black color option for both men and women, perfect for going from work to the trails. The Lone Peak Mid NeoShell™ will be available for $160.
The Lone Peak 3.5 will be available in July and the Lone Peak Mid mesh and Lone Peak Mid NeoShell™ will be available in August. Be sure to check out these shoes online at www.AltraRunning.com or at your local specialty running retailer.