(Logan, UT — January 24, 2018) – Altra’s top-selling Lone Peak trail shoe will launch significant updates this week at 2018 Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in Denver. Altra will debut the Lone Peak 4.0 in both low and mid-height with mesh uppers, and low and mid-height waterproof uppers for a total of four different shoes. According to data from NPD, the Altra Lone Peak is the number one selling trail shoe in the run specialty channel and the number five ranked shoe in outdoor specialty shops, impressive for a brand that started just six years ago.
“The trail tribe will love these updates for running, hiking, trekking and thru-hiking,” said Brian Beckstead, Altra co-founder and president. “Altra’s Lone Peak family is the heart and soul of our brand, and it’s the shoe I’ll wear to run the 100-mile Western States Endurance Run in June.”
Altra’s new Lone Peak 4.0 family and other new styles will be on display at booth #51142-Upper Level at the 2018 Outdoor Retailer Winter Market. The Lone Peak 4,0 family will be available at retail in August 2018.
New RSM waterproof styles
Building on numerous awards for previous Lone Peak versions, Altra’s improvements include the new RSM designation for all-weather trail shoes to tackle rain, snow and mud. Altra partnered with eVent® to create the RSM styles that are waterproof, breathable and lightweight.
“We really collaborated with eVent® and their technicians at our factory to continue to innovate Altra’s unique ‘waterproof on the outside’ technology,” said Altra founder Golden Harper. “We place eVent’s waterproof fabric on the exterior, so water beads on the outside and doesn’t soak through to make the shoe heavy when exposed to rain, snow and mud. We also welded, not stitched, the eVent material to guarantee waterproof-ness.”
Harper said Altra’s innovative technique protects the foot from the elements and eliminates the old-fashioned booty construction that puts waterproof material inside the shoe and next to your foot, which results in a hot, heavy shoe.
The new Altra Lone Peak 4.0 RSM mid-height waterproof shoe will weigh just 12.9 oz/366 g for men’s sample size and 11.3 oz/320g for women. The low cut RSM version will weigh 10.9 oz/309 g for men and 9.9 oz/281 g for women. Weights are expected to be unchanged from previous versions.
Major updates to all styles in the Altra Lone Peak family include:
- Improved outsole including updated multi-directional lugs that complement a refined TrailClaw™ metatarsal traction feature, including more aggressive lugs, stronger toe-off lugs, and Altra’s Subtraxtion lugs for quicker mud release
- Pinpoint anatomical protection and better flex with the new skeletal StoneGuard™ design
- Grippier and more durable rubber in the MaxTrac™ tread (low cut version) and DuraTread™ (mid-height version)
- Enhanced drainage zones in the mesh versions
- Better performance and comfort to the shoes’ tongue, including a new A-Strap™ arch support, creating an improved wrap around the midfoot
- Expanded bunion windows that combine protection with roominess for more comfort
“I really believe this will be Altra’s best Lone Peak ever, and that says a lot,” Harper said.
“We continue the heritage of a shoe that’s always been about balancing protection and cushion with encouraging the body to maintain low impact running technique and comfortable toes, regardless of how long you’re out there. With the new upper and outsole designs, every shoe in the Lone Peak family fits better than ever, grips better than ever, and continues to be the most capable and comfortable do-it-all trail shoe on the market.”
The Altra Lone Peak 4.0 family retained MSRP pricing from previous versions: Lone Peak 4.0 low mesh will be $120, mid-height mesh, $130; RSM waterproof low will be $150 and RSM waterproof mid-height will be $160. See images below for examples of each of the four styles in the new Altra Lone Peak 4.0 family
- Altra Lone Peak 4.0 mesh low, men’s blue
- Altra Lone Peak 4.0 mesh mid, women’s teal/gray
- Altra Lone Peak 4.0 RSM waterproof low, men’s khaki green
- Altra Lone Peak 4.0 RSM waterproof mid, women’s purple/gray
To Order Yours, Click Here