Arc’teryx Norvan VT
TAUR RATED – 4.29
Arc’teryx has entered the trail running market with determination and quality. The Arc’teryx Norvan VT trail running shoe is Arc’teryx’s first trail shoe. The shoe has a mesh upper for breathability and an internal ‘bootie’ to secure your foot and keep debris out from the top. The Arc’teryx Norvan VT has a Vibram MegaGrip sole with deep lugs for excellent traction on both trails and rocks. Designed with features from both trail running shoes and approach shoes for climbing, the Arc’teryx Norvan VT is excellently made for steep rocky running. The shoe offers medium cushioning providing foot protection while at the same time allowing you to feel the trail below your feet. The toe box offers ample protection for your feet while not adding additional bulk to the shoe. It is light weight while still providing ample protection.
The Norvan VT excels in rocky, mountain terrain. The Vibram MegaGrip sole has amazing grip for both smooth rock and loose rock travel. The shoe breathes and drains extremely well due to the mesh upper construction. The Adjustable 360 Support System for lacing allows for comfortable lacing for running and quickly being able to cinch the show tight for technical scrambling.
“Be ready to play on rocks, but don’t expect this shoe to treat your feet like a baby.”
The Norvan VT has minimal cushioning so if you are someone who likes a lot of foot protection and padding for running in rocky terrain, this may not be the shoe for you. The mesh upper does not do well to keep out dirt and sand so the shoe is best avoided in those conditions.
The shoe is best used in for running or scrambling through rocky terrain where you need sticky rubber for traction while traveling. Our testers loved the shoes and found that they were tough and ready for adventures of many levels. After a full 200 plus miles, these shoes are still good to go.
“I like the lace system and ability to customize the lacing where it will be tightest.”
- Vibram® Idrogrip at the forefoot provides a sticky climbing zone.
- 3.5mm lugs
- Performance mapped Vibram® outsole combines a sticky forefoot climbing zone with a durable Megagrip & idrogrip compound
- Vibram® MegaGrip™ rubber compound is durable and grippy
- Adjustable 360° Support System instantly switches from climb mode to run mode with a single pull of the lace
- Durable EVA/Polyolefin blend midsole provides shock absorption and propulsion
- Fixed Adaptive Fit Liner comfortably wraps the foot and keeps out debris
- Longwearing 4mm OrthoLite™ 3D molded insert cradles the foot
- Internal stretch liner seals out debris and helps secure the fit
“The sock liner takes some getting used to, but becomes a fan favorite.”
Price – $170.00
Drop – 9mm
Weight – 305g