The North Face has been quickly climbing the ranks of the most loved shoes in our reviews, and the Endurus definitely makes that list. With a great look and solid construction, it’s one of those workhorse shoes you know you can always count on. Right out of the box, the Endurus made for a great long run companion. It needed very little breaking in and caused no discomfort. As a distance running shoe, the Endurus is a great addition to an ultra marathoner’s closet.
“As a distance running shoe, the Endurus is a great addition to an ultra marathoner’s closet.”
The strengths for this shoe are their level of cushion and support compared to previous TNF models. We also felt that the Vibram material on the shoe elevated it above other shoes in the category. The Endurus has just the right amount of cushion and stability without feeling stiff or heavy. The stretch laces create a secure fit that was easier to customize and control from the top of the foot down to the toe. The outsole has great traction without getting in your way. The only weakness found in training was for a narrower foot. It’s easy for the tongue area of the upper to feel too tight or too loose for a narrower foot and it’s tough to get it just right. However, once the right tightness is found, it stays put without getting loose again over longer miles.
“My friends weren’t crazy about the design, but what do they know.”
- Premier lightweight trail running sneakers with XtraFoam™ technology for superior comfort over long distances
- Seamless welded-suede and TPU geo quarter panel delivers unrivalled support and optimal breathability
- TPU film toe cap laid over a synthetic backer delivers toe protection
- FlashDry™ collar lining keeps your feet cool and dry
- Industry-leading OrthoLite® footbed ensures long-lasting comfort
- 20 mm/14 mm heel/forefoot EVA underfoot
“The Endurus has just the right amount of cushion and stability without feeling stiff or heavy.”
Price – $130.00
Drop – 6mm
Weight – 317g
TAUR RATED – 4.07