If you are looking for ideas for offseason strength training, you came to the right place. Thanks to HumanX, we have some great exercises for offseason strength and stability training. Let us know how it worked for you!
- Stand with your mid-foot under the bar.
- Bend your knees and grab the bar shoulder width apart.
- Lift your chest, keep a straight back and pull, standing up completely. Return to starting position
Sumo Squats (Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings, Adductors, Abs, Hip complex)
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart and your toes slightly turned out.
- Push your hips back and squat down, keeping your chest up and knees out keeping the weight in your heels, bringing your thighs parallel to the floor without letting your knees go beyond your toes.
- Push through the heels to return to standing.
Lunges (Glutes, Quads)
- Keep your upper body straight, with your shoulders back.
- Engage your core.
- Step forward with one leg, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90 degree angle.
- Don’t let your knee bend past your toes.
- Push up through the heel.
- Repeat with opposite leg.
Squat, curl to press – Whole body
- Stand with your feet directly under your hips holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Sit back into your squat, keeping the weight in your heels, bringing your thighs parallel to the floor without letting your knees go beyond your toes.
- Push through your heels to return to standing while bringing the weights to your shoulders, performing a bicep curl.
- Stabilize your core and keep your arms moving upward performing an overhead press with the palms facing out. Lower your arms back to your side to complete one rep.
20 toe taps on a box or step
- Choose a step or bench that challenges your hip flexibility
- Bend right knee and lift foot, tap right foot on top of step or box lightly. Immediately jump right foot back to the floor and tap box with left foot
- Keep your shoulders directly over your hips
- Land softly on your toes
20 lunges on disc
- Start with your right leg on the ground and your left leg behind you on the disc
- Front leg should come to 90 degrees
- Your knee should stay back behind your toes
- Do 10 lunges on one leg and 10 on the other
- Stand with both feet on the band hip width apart. Bend elbows to 90 degrees to increase resistance on band.
- Take a step to the right and sit back into a squat, then bring left foot towards your right foot as you stand. Repeat to the left side.
- Keep weight evenly distributed between each foot as you come down int a squat.
- Stand with feet wide, arms by sides. Lower into a squat, reaching arms outside of knees, palms facing forward.
- Jump up, crossing one leg in front of the other, extend hands overhead. Jump back out to squat position to complete one rep. Alternate legs with each jump
- Lay with your lower back on top of the disc. With your legs straight in the air write out 10 letters of the alphabet.
- Keep your belly button pulled into the back of your spine to keep you lower back down on the disk
- 30 second low plank on disc
- 30 second left side plank on disc
- 30 second right side plank on disc
Low plank on disc
- Start in a high pushup position
- Bend your elbows to 90 degrees and rest your weight on your forearms on top of the disc.
- Your elbows should be directly beneath your shoulders. Your body should form a straight line from your head to your feet. Hold for 30-60 seconds.